Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I am new to the blog thing. Thus, this will probably not make sense and continue to be random for some time now.
Not that random's bad. Not making sense, though, usually is something to be frowned upon.
It's probably because I'm drained from being in front of the computer all day looking for careers and possible schools, online or not, and which degree, and whether I should do something in writing, which is what I want to do, but don't know if I have the talent for, etc. etc. etc.
Anyway. I am also doing a writing journal that has notes about how to be a writer from sites, quote snippets, thoughts about writing. That's one of the places I got an idea of doing a blog from. I really, really need a place to organize my thoughts otherwise they're all floating around in my head in no particular order and I never get anything done. I need to focus, for once I focus on a thing, that I like, especially, you can't tear me away from it.
In my writing journal for today, the first random thing is:

Polemic means
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/polemic
n.
1. A controversial argument, especially one refuting or attacking a specific opinion or doctrine.
2. A person engaged in or inclined to controversy, argument, or refutation.
adj. also po•lem•i•cal (- -k l)
Of or relating to a controversy, argument, or refutation.

It was there because I wanted to know what polemic meant since I read it somewhere before I went to bed. I wasn't clear on the definition. Now, hopefully, I'll be able to remember not only what it means, but how to say it, in case I ever have to use it (or I could just say controversial argument. Unless I want to impress someone. In which case I will probably say it the wrong way).

Perhaps this blog will evolve into a writing tips blog, daily or whatever, someday whenever I get my act together and FOCUS those random thoughts....

No comments: